Tuesday, August 25, 2009

God does have a sense of humor..........

There are so many things in my life to prove that. Im sure there are times He sits up there just shaking his head....probably as He will be by the time I finish this post.

Im not the most trusting person. I'm rather guarded and can be somewhat a suspicious person. GASP! I know, I know, not the best quality to have. It has, however, saved me some bit of trouble in my life. I also consider myself a very good judge of character. A few bad seeds have slipped through but for the most part... I know things!

BigMac is so convinced that I am "all knowing" or that I have a spy in his school because of my special ability to tell him trivial things, like what he's eaten for lunch, or big things, such as conversations he's had throughout the day. My sources shall remain nameless!

All this to say that I have recently made a new friend. A few actually but I am going to focus on one in particular for the moment. This new technical world and social media really opens the door for us stay at home moms to meet new people and it also provides us an opportunity to meet those we might not ever have met. My new friend, we'll call her Lee (names may be changed to protect the innocent lol). Lee is a very nice person and I've only known her for a few months but she is genuinely sweet. Have you ever met someone for the first time and instantly feel like youve known them forever? Well, for me, it was like that with Lee. We don't have a lot of opportunity to chat but when we do I feel like we're just pausing and picking up on a lifetime of friendship. Just thought I'd share that with you all as I'm really excited about meeting all these new people and making new friends.

I'm hacking, sneezing and coughing my head off due to a cold that Ive been trying to deny when suddenly it dawns on me there is one specific thing that women who give birth and women who adopt do not share..... that is the retained ability to not pee on yourself when you sneeze or cough...or laugh for that matter. I'm so jealous about that. A women's body really does just prove that God has such a sense of humor. I mean seriously, sneeze and you pee on yourself?!?

I can't wait for old age to hit too!!!!

1 comment:

  1. lol that tidbit certainly isn't in What to Expect When You're Expecting

    ReplyDelete